lunes, 10 de diciembre de 2007

Carta de Yoko a John

December 8, 2007
I miss you, John. 27 years later, I still wish I could turn back the clock to the Summer of 1980. I remember everything - sharing our morning coffee, walking in the park together on a beautiful day, and seeing your hand stretched to mine - holding it, reassuring me that I shouldn’t worry about anything because our life was good.

Te extraño John. 27 años han pasado, y todavía deseo poder regresar el tiempo hasta aquel verano de 1980. Recuerdo todo - compartiendo nuestro café matutino, caminando juntos en el parque en un hermoso día, y ver tu mano tomando la mía - que me aseguraba que no debía preocuparme de nada porque nuestra vida era buena.

I had no idea that life was about to teach me the toughest lesson of all. I learned the intense pain of losing a loved one suddenly, without warning, and without having the time for a final hug and the chance to say, I love you, for the last time. The pain and shock of that sudden loss is with me every moment of every day. When I touched John’s side of our bed on the night of December 8th, 1980, I realized that it was still warm. That moment has haunted me for the past 27 years - and will stay with me forever.

No tenía idea de que la vida estaba a punto de enseñarme la lección más dura de todas. Aprendí el intenso dolor de perder un ser amado de repente, sin previo aviso, y sin tener el tiempo para un último abrazo y la oportunidad de decir Te Amo por última vez. El dolor y la conmoción de perderte tan de repente está conmigo cada momento de cada día. Cuando toque el lado de John en nuestra cama la noche del 8 de diciembre de 1980, me di cuenta que seguía tibio. Ese momento ha quedado conmigo en los últimos 27 años - y seguirá conmigo por siempre.

Even harder for me is watching what was taken away from our beautiful boy, Sean. He lives in silent anger over not having his Dad, whom he loved so much, around to share his life with. I know we are not alone. Our pain is one shared by many other families who are suffering as the victims of senseless violence. This pain has to stop.

Aun más difícil para mi ha sido observar lo que le fue quitado a nuestro hermoso hijo Sean. El vive en silencio la ira de no tener a su papá, a quien amaba tanto, y con quien compartía su vida. Sé que no estamos solos. Nuestro dolor es compartido con muchas otras familias que sufren como víctimas de una violencia sin sentido. Este dolor tiene que parar.

Let’s not waste the lives of those we have lost. Let’s, together, make the world a place of love and joy and not a place of fear and anger. This day of John’s passing has become more and more important for so many people around the world as the day to remember his message of Peace and Love and to do what each of us can to work on healing this planet we cherish.

No dejemos que se desperdicien las vidas de aquellos que hemos perdido. Juntos hagamos del mundo un lugar de amor y alegría, y no un lugar de miedo y rabia. Este día en que se conmemora el fallecimiento de John, se ha hecho cada vez más y más importante para mucha gente alrededor del mundo como un día para recordar su mensaje de Paz y Amor y hacer lo que cada uno de nosotros pueda para sanar este planeta que nos acoge.

Let’s: Think Peace, Act Peace, and Spread Peace. John worked for it all his life. He said, there’s no problem, only solutions. Remember, we are all together. We can do it, we must. I love you!
Yoko Ono Lennon

Piensen en Paz, Actúen la Paz y Extiendan la Paz. John trabajó por ella toda su vida. El solía decir No Hay Problemas, Solo Soluciones. Recuerden, estamos todos juntos. Lo podemos hacer, debemos hacerlo. Te amo!